If you for whatever reason have an existing inspection in your property diary that needs to be duplicated, then life has been made easier for you! Whether it's making a copy of an exit inspection to be used as an entry inspection, or you don't have access to the app and need to make minor updates to the last inspection, we have you covered.
In this article, we cover the steps to duplicate an existing inspection from the property diary.
NOTE: This option is available to all users, regardless of which version of the inspection app is in use.
Duplicate an inspection
- Navigate to the property diary and find your specified inspection that needs to be duplicated.
- Using the Edit drop-down, you will see the option to duplicate inspection.
- Select Duplicate Inspection and you will be presented with a pop-up warning to confirm you are happy to proceed > Select Duplicate.
- A green success message will display on-screen and you will notice a new inspection entry available at the top of your diary list.
- From here you are free to edit your inspection and make any required changes.
- A newly duplicated inspection will have the calendar entry date recorded as the original inspection date. This can of course is adjusted as you need.
- When an inspection is duplicated the system will make a carbon copy of the original except the photos are not carried across. This means, that all notes, template layouts, statuses and comments will be available in the copy version. Any photos you wish to copy across will need to be done so manually.
- When an inspection report has been duplicated the original date will appear on the duplicated report. It is important to note that if there are 2 (or more) property inspections with the same date with slightly different templates and this property is synced to the app there is a chance that the incorrect template will appear for the next inspection. When an inspection report has been duplicated and a newer report is needed going forward you can either delete the older report or change the date to the day before.
The below clip shows how to duplicate and also drag and drop photos into the newly created inspection report.
Reaching out to our support team:
When creating a support request please ensure you have placed as much information as possible to help the support agent to investigate your query. I.e., full contact details, contact number, company name and items regarding the issue you are experiencing. I.e., tenant/owner/supplier/property name, a copy of a report (if possible).
If you require additional assistance, click here to submit a support request or click on the pink/white Help button from within Palace.
Article is closed for comments.