- It’s free and easy to upload a video to YouTube, and you can upload as many videos as you want with nearly no limits.
- You can upload videos from the YouTube website in a browser.
- You can choose to make videos public or private, and enter descriptions and tags for each video.
How to upload a video to YouTube using a web browser:
- Navigate to YouTube in a web browser.
- Make sure you are logged in. If you don’t see your account avatar in the upper right corner, click “Sign In” and enter your Google account information.
- Click the Create a video button at the top of the screen. It looks like a video camera. In the drop-down menu, click “Upload video.”
- The video upload page should appear. Under “Select files to upload,” click “Public” and choose what level of visibility you want for the video – everyone can see a public video, but you can also make it unlisted (it’s still publicly available, but only to people with a direct link), private (meaning only you have access), or Scheduled, which means it won’t go live until a later date.
- Click the large arrow to choose the video file, or you can simply drag the video file onto the page.
- While the video uploads, you can enter information like the name and description of the video.
- Click “Publish” to complete the process. You can publish the video while it’s still uploading, or wait till the upload is complete. Either way, the video won’t appear online unless you click “Publish.”
- Once the video is uploaded, it will take a few minutes to process. The time it takes to process will depend on how long the video is.
Copying the YouTube video's link to Palace:
- The video link will appear during the process of uploading the video. Copy the link when it's available.
- When you are in the property diary in Palace click on the "Hyperlink +" option.
- The page will load to an empty window where you can place a note in the "Description" area and below is where the YouTube video's hyperlink will be placed.
- Click "Save & close" once all the information is entered, the page will refresh and the hyperlink will appear in the diary.
Please Note: If the hyperlink diary entry is to be added to the client portal the description has to remain as Inspection - Video Link for the video to play. Changing the description text will stop the link from being clickable and playing.
How to upload a video to YouTube using the app on your device:
The below steps are for an Android device, however, Apple users can follow them as the apps are similar/same.
- Open the YouTube app
- Tap the image/avatar on the top-right hand corner
- Tap Your channel > Create > Upload a video
- If this is your first time accessing this area the app will prompt you to allow access to viewing and sharing videos, accessing media and various items. Allow all prompts.
- Select the video when the gallery appears
- The video will begin playing. Click Next
- Add some details such as a Title and Description. I.e. Note the date, time and the property address where this inspection was conducted
- Tap on Public to set the visibility to Unlisted. It's important to select Unlisted as this means that no one has access to view this video without the URL/link
- Tap Next
- Selecting the audience, tap on No, it's not made for kids
- Tap on Upload Video
- It may appear as if nothing is happening. Swipe down from the top of the device to see the progress of the upload. This will show the size of the video. The larger the size the longer it will take to upload. be patient and do not switch from the current data connection you are using as this will interrupt the upload and you may need to redo the above steps
- When the upload is complete it will disappear from the notifications area
- Tap on Manage Videos in the YouTube app. When the app refreshes the video will be available
Copy the URL/link to add to the property diary:
- Tap the 3 dots on the right-hand side of the video
- Tap on Share video
- There are some options available to you to receive the link. You can choose the Copy link open and email it to yourself or select other options you are familiar with
When you have the URL/link you can scroll up in this article to the Copying the YouTube video's link to Palace area and follow the steps.