This tutorial will take you through adding an external file to the Diary. You can view this in full screen and have the option to Try It (click through the tutorial), View It (a scrollable format), Watch It (watch the tutorial), or Print It (which gives you a PDF to download... the choice is yours! Click Start
1. Login to Palace and go to the tenancy menu and current tenancies
2. Navigate to the tenant's diary, either from the drop down menu on the right hand side and choosing diary OR
3. by going into the tenant profile
4. and using the Diary button
5. Next click on External File
6. Add a description of the file you are adding to the diary.
This description will display in the diary list and makes it easier for you to search for this entry in the future
7. Click on Group and choose an appropriate Diary Group for this diary entry. Diary Groups are customisable so your list will be unique to your database
8. Now you can attach the file you want to save in the diary. Click on Choose File tonavigate to where you have saved the file you want to attach
9. Select the file you want to attach
10. And select Open
11. The file will now show next to Choose File.
You can also drag and drop a file onto the Choose File button.
12. Include portal will default to No.
If you are saving a file to the Property Diary, you can select Yes to have this file display on the Owner Portal.
Currently this is not available for tenant files.
13. If include print is set to yes the attached file will be included in the list of diary entries shown on the tenancy details report and diary group report
14. The processed button refers to a diary charge and has no effect in this instance so will stay as No
15. If you wanted to email this attachment to the owner or tenant, you can do so under the More dropdown option. This will save the file and open up a new email with the file attached
16. Select Save and Close
17. The file will now show in the diary of the tenant with the description we entered as well as the date and time it was saved