This tutorial will take you through how to reverse a Rent Receipt. You can view this in full screen and have the option to Try It (click through the tutorial), View It (a scrollable format), Watch It (watch the tutorial), or Print It (which gives you a PDF to download)... the choice is yours! Click Start
1. Go to the Financial Menu
2. and Transactions
3. Click on History - this is where all of your processed transactions can be found
4. You can filter for a particular transaction number, day, or date range
5. Or to see all transactions for this current month, click the This Month button and it will populate the ID from and to with this months transaction numbers
6. Once you have selected your filters, click Refresh to display the transactions
7. You can use the search bar to search for the transaction number, reference number, date, transaction type, tenant, property, owner, transaction amount or comment - whatever you can see on this page you can search by
8. Tick the Rent Receipt you want to reverse.
You can reverse multiple rent receipts at the same time if needed.
9. and click Reverse
10. Enter the description as to why this rent receipt is being reversed, and select if you would like to hide the transactions from the owners statement.
The rent receipt and reversal will still show in Palace, just not for the owner to see.
11. Click Process
12. The reversal has now been processed. You will not see this in the list of transactions, as you are still only seeing the transactions you filtered for prior. A new transaction number exists for the reversed transaction.
13. To see the reversal, click the This Month button, so that the new transaction number is included in the filter range
14. and refresh
15. You will now see the reversed transaction appear. It will have a "hidden" label if you chose to hide the transaction.
Note - Palace will allow you to reverse a transaction more than once, so please always check to see the transaction was reversed