This tutorial will take you through how to a tenant invoice. You can view this in full screen and have the option to Try It (click through the tutorial), View It (a scrollable format), Watch It (watch the tutorial), or Print It (which gives you a PDF to download... the choice is yours! Click Start
This tutorial will step you through how to enter a new tenant invoice
1. Open the Financial menu
2. and select transactions
3. Click into the Generate Single Transactions dropdown
4. and select Invoice - Tenancy
5. Click generate
6. Click into the Select a Tenancy dropdown
7. You can search by tenant, property or code number. Select the tenant you want to invoice
8. The date will default to today and the agent will default to the property manager for this property. Change these if needed.
Click into the expense dropdown, if you cannot locate an expense related to this invoice you can select add new to create one
9. Click on water rates
10. Click to enter the reference number from the water rates account
11. The apply to relates to where these invoice funds need to be allocated when the tenant pays this invoice. Apply to Owner Account means the money will go to the owner.
Apply to Ledger fee means the money will go to the agency (ie, a Break Lease Fee)
12. Enter the invoice amount of $65.32
13. Select Choose File if you want to attach the actual copy of the water account to this Palace generated invoice
14. Browse for and select the invoice
15. and click Open
16. The water account is now attached.
The Due Date will default based on your system settings (ie, 14 days from today) and can be changed if needed
17. Download invoice relates to the water account that was just attached. If you want this to send to the tenant with the Palace generated invoice, toggle this to Yes. If you only want the Palace generated invoice to send to the tenant, leave this as No
18. Email invoice will be Yes if the tenant has been setup to receive invoices by email. If they are setup to receive paper copies this will be No. The invoice will be emailed to the tenant as soon as we process this transaction
19. Track Charge should be Yes. This means you can track invoices whether they are paid or unpaid
20. Type in the Comments "Water Rates". The comments are what the tenant is being invoiced for
21. If the tenant had any money held for this invoice (money paid in advance), it would show here in the Available Receipt Assignment. If there was money available you could select to assign it to this invoice
22. Click Confirm
23. If you had more tenant invoices to enter, you could select Generate again, select the next tenant, complete the invoice details and confirm. This would create a list of your tenant invoices here on this screen.
24. If you want to print a list of the tenant invoices that show on this screen before you process them, you can do so by selecting Print
25. To enter these invoice transactions and send off the invoices, click Process
26. and that's it! We're all done