If your inspection has been 'uploading' for over +/- 2 hours then this usually indicates that there is something wrong with the upload.
The first thing to check is to make sure the property is still on the device.
To do this go to Contacts and check your property list.
If the property isn't there then please check the following help file: Inspections have gone missing/lost.
Items to try:
- If the property is in the property list but has been uploading for a while then we find that changing the internet connection could assist the app to stop and start the upload.
- A restart of the device first to clear used memory.
- Check the available space on the device. This is done by going to the device's "Settings" > "General" > "About". If the available space is low you would need to delete unwanted files such as videos, photos and/or documents.
If the problem persists - see below:
- Apple: Change the following internet settings so one is on and one is off (the mobile data setting is found in the settings of the phone).
- Android: Turn off the wireless options in the app and on the device. Mobile data will be the only connection used from this point.
- Force quit the inspection app (Google search "how to force quit apps for iPhone" and the same for Android, depending on your device). If you are unsure how to do this. Usually, for Apple, you double-tap the home button and a list of apps will show, swipe an app up to force quit it. Android - tap the menu button on the bottom left-hand side, find the Palace app and swipe up.
- Go into the inspection app and stay on the uploads tab for as long as possible. Staying in the inspection app makes your phone prioritize the Inspection upload over anything else. If you were checking emails etc on the phone then it will prioritize the speed of the email app and the inspections will upload in the background which will take longer.
- Please note: If you are using the pink app this app uses the same credentials (email address and password) as your Palace account on the computer. If you change your Palace sign in password the app will no longer sync. You would need to sign out of the app and sign back in with the new password. The pink app and Palace will gain access to each other and syncing will continue.
- Please note: If the email address in Palace is deleted or changed this will affect the app and any current inspections that have not been uploaded into Palace. Always ensure the app has been synced and there is nothing pending before changing email address/domains/passwords as the changes could/will affect the inspections and they may be lost.
- Reset or forget the wireless network under "Settings" > "General" > "Wi-Fi". Make sure you know your Wi-Fi password as you will need it to re-connect to this and others if done to other wireless connections.