The Palace Information Centre is a website for Owners to access and view their own information.
Owners can see their monthly statements, year-end statements, transactions, invoices and any external documents that you have uploaded. This information stays up on the Portal for 2 years.
They login to the website directly at https://client.getpalace.com/ or via your own company website with their email address and password which has been generated in Palace. The information and the website are completely secure.
There are a few things you need to set up first:
- Contact your IT person and get the shortcut link set up on your website for the Owners to log in. (There is a coded link that Palace can send to your IT person). This option picks up your branding for the Information centre.
- Set up your Company Logo.
- Activate your Owners. This will automatically send them an email to follow a link to log in and set a password.
If you have Owners that are in the system multiple times but use the same email address, you need to follow the instructions on generating multiple Owners as you set them up (see page 3-4).
Note: The email it uses for the Owner Log in, is the one in the Owner Edit screen under Email 1, there must be only one email in that area otherwise it will not work.
Setting up the custom website
Before you use the Owner Information Portal, you need to:
- Set your theme - change as needed (you have 5 colour themes to choose from).
- Write your introduction – this will show on each owner log in but you can change it as often as you like.
- Upload an office logo (we may need to assist you with creating one the right size - the size is 1080 X 80). You can drag and drop it in.
- Click on System
- Select Client Portal
- Click on Settings (top right-hand side)
- Fill in the required areas
- If you would like the supplier invoices, inspection reports and external files (from the Property Diary only) then tick the box at the bottom
- Then when you are finished, click Save.
The system uses the Owner email address as their username. Once activated, they are sent an email that will ask them to follow a link to set their own passwords. Should they forget their password, they can reset it themselves through the website.
When you start using the Palace Information Centre, you have the choice to only activate certain owners or everyone at once. An email is automatically generated that will inform them of what they need to do. Any owners that have the exact same email address in their set-up will be activated at the same time. You cannot activate one owner and not the others if they have the same email address loaded.
Their access to the site is live as soon as you activate an owner.
To activate an Owner
- Click on System
- Click on Client portal
- Tick the owners that you want to have access
- Click on "Activate"
- The email will auto-send (NB: you will not get a warning!)
- Then just close out this area
If they have lost their password and want a new one, they can just click on ‘forgot password’ on the Owner Portal login screen.
How to run the Owner Portal for multiple owners with the same email address
Under the client portal, if you activate an owner with a particular email address and other (separate) owners have the exact same email address, they will also be activated at the same time (e.g. email@example.com in the above image will all be activated at the same time)
If an extra owner with the same email address is added at a later stage, you will have to deactivate all the owner accounts involved and re-activate them together to pick up the new owners link. The owner will get one email reset for all of their accounts. Once they reset the password and login they will now have the option to - 'select an account' at the top left of the screen. This will give them a drop-down menu of all their managements with you:
The account selection only appears for multiple owner accounts - single owner accounts will not see this option. The name selection in the drop-down menu will be the same as it is on your Palace Current Owners Screen, so if you have an owner loaded four times with exactly the same name, it will be hard for your owner to tell the difference between accounts on the drop-down menu. To differentiate between them, you could perhaps add a number to the end of each: in this case eg owner trust 1, owner trust 2 etc.