- Rent deferral agreement - $500 per week now $400 per week for x weeks but you pay back that $100 difference later
- Rent reduction agreement - $500 per week now $400 per week for x weeks, no requirement to pay back the difference.
The first instructions are how to set up the Custom Fields so you can do a custom view to pull a report on this information easily.
- Go to System
- Custom Fields
- Click on the Tenancy Tab
- Under Custom Field 1 - Select Text
- In the next Column - Type "Rent Deferral"
- Now repeat those steps for "Rent Reduction"
- Then Save Changes
For Rent Deferral Agreement
Please note: This will show as arrears, so please make sure you have marked them as a deferral tenant, so you do not chase the arrears.
- Go to the tenant
- On the side hand side under Payment Type, you will see one that says Custom Fields - Click there
- You will see the two choices, Rent Deferral or Rent Reduction
- Type yes and then a short note. i.e how much for how long
- Click on Save
- That is all you need to do for Rent Deferral
For Rent Reduction Agreement
- Follow the instructions above to select Rent Reduction from the Custom Fields
- Then scroll down to the Rent Changes area
- Click on Add
- Put in the date it is going to take effect, make sure it matches a rent period
- Put in the new rent rate
- Check the period and click on save.
- NOTE: DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER RENT CHANGES
- If you know when the rent will go back to normal, you can then click on Add again
- Put in the date it is going to return to normal
- Put in the correct amount
- Click on save
- That will then sit there and stop you worrying about remembering to do it
Running A custom view
To set up a custom view to see this information
- Go to Tenant - Custom Views
- Click on Create New
- Name it: Eg. Covid 19 - Rent Changes
- Then follow exactly the set up below
- To get the rules - you click on add rule
- Once done, click on Save
To Run the Report
- Tenant - Custom Views
- Select the Covid 19 Rent Changes (Or what ever you called it) and click on it
- You can click on column headings to sort and you can export to a spreadsheet if you want