Palace has now introduced a new (pink) app for the iPhone/iPad and for Android. This new app and related services have a number of advantages over the previous versions. This new service is ONLY available to the companies using Palace Liquid due to the "always connected" nature of the cloud service.
New services benefits are as follows...
- You will now use the same sign-in credentials (Email and password you use for the web application/database). If you change the password for the database the pink app credentials will also change. (Sign out and back in)
- If the email address or domain is changed in Palace this will also affect the app. Make sure ALL inspections are uploaded into Palace before changing details to avoid losing inspections on the app.
- The app now syncs directly to the property diary whereas the older inspection process required a mobile account signed in to download the inspections from the cloud to the Import List. The Interim data service now no longer exists in this process.
- The new inspection upload process allows for a faster and more robust service protecting from ISP and Mobile Service provider outages.
- Master inspection templates are now completely split into separate Full Inspection and Routine Inspection tabs. This simplifies the process of setting up and using the master inspection template for Initial inspections.
- Inspection types Full or Routine are now assigned directly to each completed inspection making it easier to see the inspection type at a glance in the property diary. These tags can be edited by the user in case they want to use a specific previous inspection as Full or Routine for the next inspection (i.e. the latest inspection of each type is used as a template for following inspections).
- Inspections submitted from the mobile app appear in the Palace Liquid web application/database.
- NB: Once the pink app is activated the previous versions (Apple: V1 and V2 / Android: V1) are disabled. Any inspections that have not been uploaded to Palace after activation will not be retrievable. I.e. Submitted from the app but not downloaded into Palace's Import List they will not be retrievable.
- NB: Photos are now limited to 1,000 per property inspection.
Switching to the Palace Liquid App
Before deciding to activate and use the new Palace Liquid app, please make sure ALL users can download the new pink app from the App store. The new app only supports the following OS versions: iOS 13 (Apple) and Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat (Android) and above.
NOTE: The activation cannot be reversed), please follow these instructions:
- ALL inspections from ALL devices in your company are imported into Palace (and confirmed to be showing in the Import List and property diaries) before you activate the new service.
- Download the Palace Liquid app on all devices by visiting the various App Stores. Search for realbase or palace liquid.
- To enable this new inspection process a support request must be sent to the Palace support team. They will be in touch to work through the activation process with you.
- After the activation process, you need to set up the master inspection templates again as they reset to a Palace default as they are now in their own separate tabs.
- There are no export/print options to note the current configuration. You can go into the master Full and Routine inspection template, expand all rooms by clicking on the plus/dropdowns, screenshot all items and save the images to the PC. This will help with recreating the templates once the service has been activated.)
- The Status and Disclaimer tabs remain unchanged.
- Previous property inspections will still have access and use their current templates for the next inspection. Due to the fact that you could not previously specify the inspection Type specifically when editing an inspection if you want to use a previous Inspection as a full or as a routine you can edit the inspection in Palace in each property diary and change the type to Full or Routine. The most recent dated full and routine will always be used as a template for the next inspection respectively.
- The inspection type will also show in the Diary.
- The Property inspections area will now contain a Sync button along with highlighted properties to show clearly which are synced with the user's device. These properties will remain highlighted for the user until they sync a different set of properties to their device.
NOTE: In the screen below the green properties are synced with the user's device.
- The Import List will show the inspections as soon as they are submitted by the user. This tab works the same way as before but will load a lot faster as it no longer requires an Import process.