Palace has now introduced a new (pink) app for the iPhone/iPad and for Android. This new app and related services have a number of advantages over the existing version. This new service is ONLY available to the companies using 'Palace Liquid' due to the 'always connected' nature of the cloud service.
New services benefits are as follows...
- You will now use the same 'Email' and 'Password' you use for the Web Application. If you change the password for the 'Web Application' it will change for the pink app.
- If the email address or domain is changed in Palace this will also affect the app. Make sure ALL inspections are uploaded into Palace before changing details to avoid losing inspections on the app.
- The app now syncs directly to the property diary whereas the current inspection process needs a mobile account signed in to download the inspections from the cloud to the "Import List". The 'Interim' data service now no longer exists in this process.
- The new inspection upload process allows for a faster and more robust service protecting from ISP and Mobile Service provider outages.
- Master Templates are now completely split into separate 'Routine' and 'Full' tabs. This simplifies the process of setting up and using the master template for 'Initial' inspections.
- Inspection Type 'Full' or 'Routine' are now assigned directly to each completed inspection making it easier to see the inspection type at a glance in the property diary. These tags can be edited by the user in case they want to use a specific previous inspection as 'Full' or 'Routine' for the next inspection (i.e. the latest inspection of each type is used as a template for following inspections)
- Inspections submitted from the 'Mobile app' appear immediately in the 'Palace Liquid' web application.
- NB: Once the pink app is activated the previous versions (Apple: V1 and V2 / Android: V1) are disabled. Any inspections done on these app versions after activation will not be retrievable.
- NB: Photos are now limited to 1,000 per property.
Switching to the Palace Liquid App
Before deciding to activate and use the new Palace Liquid App, please make sure ALL users can download the new pink app from the App store. The new app only supports the following oldest/minimum OS versions iOS13 (For Apple) and Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat (for Android). Any versions above these are supported. Once you are happy all users can use the new service and you have made the decision to 'Activate' the service (NOTE: The activation cannot be reversed), please follow these instructions...
- Make sure ALL inspections from ALL devices in your company are imported into Palace before you activate the new service.
- Make sure ALL inspections that have been uploaded to Palace are indeed showing in Palace.
- Download the new app on all devices (Palace Liquid) by visiting the various App stores. You can search for 'realbase' or 'palace liquid'.
- In order to enable this feature you will need to put through a support request to the support team and they will be in touch to activate this feature for you. This option is not available for your database as if this was enabled in error there is no way to revert back and you could potentially lose inspections.
- Once the system has been activated you need to set up the 'Master Templates' again as 2 separate templates (Full and Routine)...
- The 'Status' and 'Disclaimer' tabs remain unchanged.
- NB: Take note of your current template format. Once you activate the new inspection service your master template will reset for both your routine and full inspections. So these templates need to be recreated. (You can go into the master templates, expand all dropdowns, screenshot all items and save the images to the PC. This will help with recreating the templates once the service has been activated.)
- Previous inspections on properties can still be used as templates for the 'Next' inspection. Due to the fact that you could not previously specify the 'Inspection Type' specifically when editing an inspection. If you want to use a previous 'Inspection' as a 'Full Inspection' or as a 'Routine Inspection' template for the next 'Incoming' or 'Outgoing' or 'Routine', you can edit the inspection on the website and change the 'Type' to 'Full'/'Routine'. The latest 'Full' and the latest 'Routine' will always be used as a template for the next inspection respectively.
- Inspection 'Type' will also show in the 'Diary'.
- The 'Property Inspections' area will now contain a 'Sync' button along with highlighted properties to show clearly which are synced with the user's device. These properties will remain highlighted for the user until such time as they sync a different set of properties to their device. (NOTE: In the screen below the 'Green' properties are synced with the user's device).
- The 'Import' list will show the inspections as soon as they are submitted by the user. This tab works the same way as before but will load a lot faster as it no longer requires an 'Import' process.
- The above information can be found in the following video: