This is the area where you set up all your letter templates to be used throughout the system. This area is password protected so that only a few people can change the templates.
When using the templates in other parts of the software, even if you make changes, it will not make changes to the main template.
- To create a document Template
- Click on System
- Click on Document Template
- Click on Create new
- Name the document
- Document Type: Select a document type, then save and close
Owner: Only use this type if you are not mentioning the property or the tenant as the merge fields will not be available
Property: You can use this for Owner and Property merge fields
Tenant: Use this type if you want to use all available Owner Property and Tenant merge Fields
- Note: When you use Tenant type and it is a letter for an owner i.e Owner Lease renewal letter, you can still run it from the diary as you will see all available letters and types in this area.
- Once you have clicked save and close, you will be taken out to the main list. Click on Refresh and then your new document will show
- Find the letter and click on the drop down arrow and select Edit Document
- Put your cursor on the letter and you can start typing the letter and putting in merge fields
- The Merge fields are available at the top of the screen
- Once you have finished, click save and close
- This letter is now available to use