Question: I am in my Inspection report and have clicked on Print, it processed and then downloaded but when I go to open it, I get an error. PDF Failed to Print
Answer: There are a few reasons why this might happen and they are all related to the images.
- There may be too many images - e.g over 1,000. In this case, untick some and print and then go back and print the rest
- Some images may have been renamed or added manually, and will not be in the correct numbering format. Every photo should have a number as below. If any are missing numbers, place your mouse on the image, at the top right-hand side, you will see a pencil icon. Click the pencil icon and rename the image by adding a number to follow in the sequence. Each photo must be named uniquely, also check that there are no characters like a forward slash "/", pipe "|", etc, as that will also block the report.
- If some photos have been taken by other means i.e, not in the inspection app, they may be too big. Photos taken through the app are automatically resized. Here is the link to the help file to resize photos in bulk - How to Bulk resize photos for the inspection report.
- If it is nothing above, then the file may have just had a glitch when processing, you need to process it again. For Palace to see this file you have to trick it into thinking it is a new report. Go to the Title on the Details tab and place a space after the title, then process again.
If you are not able to generate the report this could mean that there are images with duplicate names.
- Go to the Images tab and work through all the photos to make sure each photo's name is unique.
To place a support request to our support team please click here