Once you have completed the inspection, you need to process it in Palace so that the following can take place -
Charge the Owner - take the money and GST from the property and moves it into the Inspection Ledgers.
Roll the inspection over by the frequency you have chosen i.e 13 weeks to the next due date.
Processing the Inspection
- Click on Dashboard - Click on the Property Charges Tab
- You will see two separate Chargeable and Insufficient Funds. Chargeable means the owner has enough money and you can process them.
Note: If you have done an inspection in advance of its due date, go into the Property - Property Inspections area and adjust the next date to the date you completed it. Return to the Dashboard reminders to see that inspection in the list.
- Tick the properties you want to process
- Click on the Green processing arrow
(The forward button, will allow you to forward the inspection and roll over the frequency but will not put a charge against the owner)
- A pop-up box will appear, Transaction Date, check it is the date you want
- Click Process
- A green pop up box will let you know if has processed successfully.
The funds will be taken off the property and moved to the Inspection Ledger. If you charge $0.00 for your inspections, this charge will appear on the owner statement, notifying them that you have completed an inspection and $0.00 has been charged.
The inspection will be rolled over to the new inspection date. Each property diary and the property inspection area will be updated.
If you require additional assistance submit a request to the support team. Click here.