Please see the Setting up for an Owner Let Fee instructions if you have not already changed your system to charging a let fee from a property.
These instructions are for charging a Owner Let Fee
Enter the new tenant is as normal and you will see the Owner Let Fee required is down the bottom on the right hand side of the edit screen
Go to Transactions.
You have two choices - you can do a Charge - Owner Letting Fee or Receipt Tenant Multiple and charge the fee that way.
Both are below
- Go to Transactions -
- Click on Charge - Owner Letting Fee
- Find tenant
- This will take the money from the Property/Owner and put into your ledger area under Owner Let Fee.
- Click confirm when finished.
OR you can do it through Receipt Tenant Multiple
- Click on Transactions
- Choose receipt Tenant Multiple
- Select tenant
- It will show the rent and bond that you need to receipt
- Go to an empty field and click on the drop down and choose Charge Owner Let Fee
- It will auto pick up the amount set in the field on the Property Edit Screen.
- Click on Confirm
There will be 3 transactions on the Transaction screen
Two receipts and one charge to Owner
Click on Process
This receipts the rent and bond against the tenant and takes the money from the Property/Owner
NOTE: If you are charging one weeks rent plus GST but only receipting one weeks rent from the tenant, Palace may tell you it cannot process the charge due to Strict Audit as there is not enough money.