Once you have finished with a property you can archive it. You must archive the tenant first, then the property.
You cannot archive if there has been any transactions in the current month.
You need to make the property inactive first.
Note: If the tenant has vacated but has a debt against it that you are going to collect, you cannot archive the property. Just make it inactive.
Inactive status will trigger the property lost record and report in the Won and Lost report. Archiving the property will not affect the Won and Lost report.
- Find the property, right click and Edit.
- Click on Status (half way down the left hand side)
- Change to Inactive -
- Then click save and close.
- This will bring up a box, click on the down arrow and pick a reason from the list.
Note: If you do not have any reasons in the box, then add new and add some
- This is included in reports in the Statistic area called Property Won and Lost.
- Then you can click save.
- If transactions are all clear you can archive. (meaning no current inspections in this month, otherwise you will have to wait till the following month.
- Go to the drop down arrow beside the edit button on the property list
- Choose Archive property from the list
- You will be asked if sure and click on yes
- The property is now archived and can be found under the Archived Properties area on the left hand side menu.