This is a two step process, first you edit the job and enter in the amounts etc, THEN you process the work order. This will then take the money from the property and transfer it to the supplier ready for payment (NB: This does not pay the supplier out).
You can access existing work orders one of two ways:
Property – click on drop down and choose work orders - then you select the work order you wish to invoice
Supplier – click on drop down and choose work orders - then you select the work order you wish to invoice.
Note: This is just one way to invoice a supplier, if you do not have a works order for the supplier, you can do an invoice supplier – Under transactions (see separate article for instructions)
- Find the property or supplier that you require and click on the drop down next to Edit and choose work orders
- Find the work order you want to invoice, click on the description and it will open up
- If you are only completing the work order as someone else will do the actual invoicing - then change the Action status to "Work Completed" (Do NOT use Work Invoiced)
Note: You can now click Save & Close out, if you are not doing the invoicing
- If you are invoicing the job, then leave this area as it is.
- Enter in the invoice amount (incl GST)
- Enter in the Invoice ref number
- Choose a Priority:
High - Means this invoice will get paid above any of the other invoices for this owner
Medium - If there is enough money these invoices will be paid after the ones set to High
Low - These will be the last paid invoices
- Invoice Date: This is the actual date of the invoice - If this date is a previous month be aware that this invoice will now show in transaction reports under the month of the invoice rather than this month. You do NOT have to put anything in this field and the invoice will default to today’s date.
- Due Date: If the invoice is due on a specific date because you will get a discount, or you will get a penalty if paid late, then put the date in here and Palace will create a reminder to show in your Reminder screen two days before it is due. (NB: adding a date in here does NOT pay the invoice for you, you still have to do all of the usual steps)
- Attach Invoice: You can attach a copy of the scanned invoice here as well by clicking on the Choose File and browsing to where you have saved a copy of the invoice. This will attach to the property diary (and be sent to the Owner at month end with their statement). If you are charging the tenant a copy will be sent out to the tenant with their invoice
- Supplier - Invoice Description: This is the wording that will show on the Owners statement.
- Tenancy - Invoice Details: If there is a charge to the tenant:
- fill in the required amount
- ensure you select the right tenant to be charged (there may be more than one tenancy)
- enter a description to go on the Tenancy Invoice
Click on save and close.
The next step is to process the invoice - Click here to get to the next link Processing the Invoice