Work orders are a record of any work being required on a property. They are a way to send instructions to your Suppliers (tradespeople) and they give you a permanent record of any work undertaken against that property. Using work orders properly also gives you access to a number of reports that can help you to organize and keep an eye on any outstanding work orders. Before you start using the work order area, it pays to set up the works order options.
NOTE: Where an expense has been incurred for a property, this can be charged directly using the Payment Expense or Invoice Supplier transactions. Works Orders are not always required.
Setting Up Work Order Options
- Click on System, then click on Defaults
- About halfway down you will see Work Order report options
Select or unselect the options as you require:
- 'c/-' Disclaimer: You can select Office address or Agent address. This will then put a postal address on the bottom of the works order, showing that the invoice is to be sent to your company, but uses Care of, to show that you are to have ordered and paid on behalf of the Owner. We recommend selecting the office address option
- Include owner details: This will show the Owner's name and phone number on the works order
- Include key details: This will show the key number and any comments you have for keys
- Include tenant details: This will show the tenant's name and phone numbers
- Include sub-tenant details: This will show the subtenant's name and phone numbers (tenants who have been entered into the options area)
- Include letterhead: If emailing or texting the work order, this will put your letterhead logo onto the PDF document.
- Include disbursement: If you have a disbursement amount entered onto the property edit screen, then it will show on the top of the works order.
- Click Save Changes when done.
Work Order Screen
The works order screen is controlled by a filter with the following options:
- All: Shows you all work orders for the property or supplier regardless of whether or not they are still open
- Current: Shows all works orders that are still open
- Closed: Shows you only see the works orders that have been invoiced or closed
Reaching out to our support team:
When creating a support request please ensure you have placed as much information as possible to help the support agent to investigate your query. I.e., full contact details, contact number, company name and items regarding the issue you are experiencing. I.e., tenant/owner/supplier/property name, a copy of a report (if possible).
If you require additional assistance, click here to submit a support request or click on the pink/white Help button from within Palace.