Sometimes you have invoices that do not have a works order created for them i.e Water Rates, Rates, lawns etc. Rather than create a works order for them you can enter them directly using the Invoice Supplier transaction.
- Click on Financial - Transactions
- Click on the left hand drop down arrow and select - Invoice Supplier (or start typing)
- Click on generate.
- Find the property you want to charge and enter
- Check the date (You can only enter a date for this current month)
- Select the Supplier
- Expense - Select an expense that is relevant to the invoice i.e Water rates if the invoice is from Watercare
Note: Expense codes are important for the breakdown of expenses on the Year To Date Statement for the Owners
- Enter in the amount
- Enter in the Invoice Number
- Check the maintenance fee and change if needed
- Enter a Priority if needed - otherwise leave as medium
- Enter a due date if needed i.e Must be paid by a certain date (otherwise leave blank)
Note: If due date is entered, it will create a reminder on the dashboard 2 days before the due date.
- If you have already scanned in the Supplier Invoice, you can click on Choose File under Attach Invoice
- If there is a keepback on the property an additional area will show on the transaction screen:
- If you wish to reduce it by the amount of the invoice turn the Reduce Property keep back amount option to On
- Enter in comments to show on the Owner Statement
- If some of the invoice needs to be on charged to the tenant, tick the charge tenant box and another screen will open. Fill in the information here and a Tenant Invoice will be created.
- Click confirm – Top right hand side of the screen
- Once in the transaction screen you can click Process
Using Rapid Entry
If you have more than one invoice to process, then tick on Rapid entry (at the start of the transaction screen).
As you enter each invoice click confirm and the transaction will pop into the Transaction entry list tab. (You won’t be able to see it as such but you can click on the Transaction entry list tab to view which invoices you have entered). You then enter the next invoice and follow the same process until all of your invoices have been entered.
When you are entering your last invoice, click confirm and then click on Back. Do NOT just click on the Transaction entry list tab as you will not get the option to process your transactions correctly (and you may end up entering the last invoice again!).
When you click Back you will see all the invoice transactions in the list and you can click on Process to process them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.