A new managed property, once entered into Palace, will show in the Property Inspections area. It will be marked as N/A waiting to be set up.
Casuals will also show if you select yes to show casual properties.
Once all your inspections are set up in Palace, you will be able to run reports to see what inspections are coming up in a set time frame, you can sort this by Property Manager and grids as well as date
Once you have updated an inspection, Palace will charge the Owner and roll over the inspection to the date of the next inspection. You have a historical record of all the inspections undertaken for a property whilst in your care.
You will also be able to use the Palace App.
To set up an Inspection: See below
- Click on Property
- Click on Property Inspections
- Filter by Property Manager if needed
- Click on the column header "Next inspection date" to find any property marked N/A - This will show all properties without inspections set up
- Find the property you require and click on create
- Some of it has already been set up for you. Double check you have the right property manager connected to this inspection (i.e if you have a specific person who does Inspections make sure you link this to them)
- Enter the date that you are first going to inspect this property
- Enter the frequency that you are going to inspect this property i.e 3 months - 13 weeks
- Note: If you change your frequency to weeks instead of months, this will allow the inspection to always fall on the same day of the week i.e Wednesday
- Enter the charge rate, excluding GST. If you do not charge leave as zero
Note: Even if set as zero, this transaction will show on an Owners Statement, showing that an inspection has been undertaken but no charge has been put through.
- Make sure the ledger says "Inspection Fees"
- Click Save & Close