Importing the Bank Statement
Below are the day to day instructions – On Page (or click here) you will find the instructions on Matching Tenants
- Go online to your bank and download a CSV file of your statement, save onto your desktop or just leave in downloads (Do not open the file)
- In Palace – Financial – Click on Bank Import
- Click on Choose file
- Browse to the file location>> Open
- Click on "Import" (Top of the screen)
- A list of Transactions will appear on your screen
- The list will change, Yes will appear next to those that have matched before
Or Tenant Match will appear, that means that Palace knows who this transaction belongs to but something has changed – Click on the drop down next to process and click on Match Tenant
- Some will so No, this means nothing about this transaction alerts Palace, so click on drop down arrow next to process and select Match Tenant.
- Click on the Transactions that you wish to Match
- Click on the drop down arrow and choose Match Tenant
- Start typing the tenant name and select and then click OK
- The screen will display the default amount of rent and frequency that has been set up in the Tenant Edit Screen - (See the tenant help file or click here for more information in setting up this area)
- Check the information if correct - if the tenant has paid less or more you can change it here.
- If the payment has been increased to cover water rates or a maintenance invoices, fill in the boxes as required
- You can even select invoices to pay
- The transactions totals and Statement Line totals need to match before you can carry on.
- Scroll down to the questions:
Would you like to update the Tenant Match Code: Yes or No
Yes if you want it to save for future matches
No if only a one off
Would you like to update the AP record? Yes or No
Definitely yes for direct Debits
- The Transaction will now say "Yes" in the matched column
- Continue down to match any others that need matching
- If you have some you cannot match, click on the Unmatched Report at the top of the screen.
- Once complete, click on Process
Don't forget to enter in manually any receipt that you do not match i.e Cash Banking
When you match a tenant, it creates a Bank Match Code that is recorded in the Tenant Edit screen.