How do I reverse a transaction?
Before you start, you will need the transaction number. You can find this on the Transaction Report. For example: if you are reversing a rent, you can go to the Tenant Transaction Report and find the transaction you require. Note down the number.
- Click on Transactions
- Click on History (Top right of screen)
- Enter in the transaction number at the top of the screen, enter it in both places. Click on Refresh
Note: You can use date if you do not know the transaction number by using the filter dropdown box and click on refresh
- The transaction should now be showing at the top of the screen.
- Click the arrow next to edit and select "Reverse Transaction"
- You will be asked if you are sure "Click Yes or No"
- The Reversal does not show on the screen especially if you have filtered to the number, so you may need to change it back to date and refresh if you want to see the transaction.
- Both of these transactions will be in your reconciliation - you need to present them both
Note: The receipt might have auto presented so you may only see the reversal.
- Make sure you present them using the correct date (have to be in current month)
Note: If the receipt was this month, you may have already presented it, so the only transaction showing in the unpresented area will be the negative one. You need to present it. Make sure you presented it down using the same date otherwise you will put out your running balances.
If the original transaction was this month you will be able to hide it from the Owner Statement. See Hiding transactions for more information.