Receipt Tenant Invoice is used to receipt against a previously created Tenant Invoice, or just receipting some money into a holding ledger for a tenant.
You have a choice to receipt money against a tenant that then reimburses the owner or you can receipt the money directly into a Fee ledger (to pay yourself back) or into a holding ledger i.e water to later assign to an invoice when it is created.
- Go to transactions
- Select Receipt Tenancy Invoice
- Click on generate
- Find the tenant
- Check the date
- Enter in the amount you are receipting,
Note: If you are not paying the whole invoice, just enter in the amount you want to pay. you will need to change it in the Invoices area plus the Amount area.
- Pick where you want the money to go. Ie Direct to Owner or to a Fee ledger (company money) or to a holding account (Bond)
- If you are charging a commission – slide to yes
Note: This charges the Owner a commission on the invoice – not the tenant
- If you already have invoices loaded, they will show in the bottom part called Invoices.
- Select the invoice that you want to pay.
Note: you can change the amount on the invoice for the amount you want to pay for this today
- Then click on confirm.
Note: If you are just receipting money in and do not have an invoice to receipt against, you will get a pop up that asks the following:
Say yes and you can assign it to an invoice later once you create the invoice.