This creates the payment that pays Bonds paid by tenants, out to Tenancy Bond Services.
If you want to pay by Direct Credit you must enter your Bond Number first into the System Settings area of Palace. So make sure that is done first
- Go to Financial – then Transactions.
- Drop down the arrow and select Payment - Bond - click on Generate
- A list of bonds will appear on the screen - Check the bonds against the bonds forms that you are holding
- If you do not want to pay a bond that is showing in the list, simply untick that one
- If you do want to pay the Bond but not the payment showing, you can change the amount.
Please Note: You can only change it to a lesser amount, if you change to a higher amount, you will get a warning and it will not let you proceed.
- Once you are happy with the Bonds showing and the total, make sure you have selected "Direct" in payment type unless you are still doing chq
- Enter in a reference (Chq number if chq)
- Click on Confirm, you will be taken to the transaction screen.
- Click on Process
- Click on download to Print the Bond Remittance (This is the report you will send with the bond cheque) Print 2 so you have one for your records
- Then click "Online" Top right hand side of the screen"
- Generate the online file and upload to bank
- Remember to send the Bond Forms and the Remittance Advice to the Bond Centre so they receive it prior to receiving the payment.
This transaction will show in your unpresented area in your Bank Rec waiting to be reconciled once the payment comes out of your bank.