Sometimes a tenant owes you or the owner for services or costs incurred. To collect these costs, you will create a Tenancy Invoice.
There is the ability to just invoice one total amount or break down each item on the Invoice.
There is a few different places that you can create a Tenant Invoice, through Work orders, Transactions, Supplier Invoice and Invoice Tenancy and Document Flow
You can create an invoice for any of the following plus more
- Opex for Commercial Costs
- Reimbursement for vacating costs on a refund of Bond
- Leasebreak costs
- Water Invoicing
- Plus many more...
Creating the Tenancy Invoice (through transactions)
- Click on Financial, then transactions.
- Drop down the arrow in the left hand menu and choose Invoice - Tenancy, - Click on Generate
- Select the Tenancy (either drop down the list or type name)
- Fill in the details, checking the date
- Select an Expense type
- Choose where to apply the Charge to: i.e. Direct to the Owner, To a Holding Ledger or to a Ledger Fee (meaning your company). This is important if a different person is receipting money in as it helps them to know where the money needs to go.
- Enter in the reference: or comments i.e Fixed term breaks costs
- If you want to break the costs down, you can enter each amount and the description under Invoice Breakdown and then put the total amount in the Charge Amount
Note: If you do the multiple items they will all show separately on the Tenant Invoice.
- Or for a single item, just put the total cost in
- Select the Due date for the invoice – Very important for Direct Debit clients (it will auto fill from the setting under System settings)
- Choose to either download the Invoice (print) or Email.
- Track charge – should always be left on if it comes up (this is preset in your settings).
- Enter any comments you need
- If you are holding any money for this tenant in a holding ledger - It will show under Bond Ledger and you can choose if you want to use that money to go against the invoice.
- Click on Confirm – top right hand side of the screen.
- Click Process
- If you chose print, the pop up box will have a download button on it, otherwise it will be emailed
- This will now create the invoice for the tenant to pay against.