As you complete each inspection, you're given the option to submit (upload) the inspection. Once you've finished all inspections for the day, if you have not uploaded all of them, you can do so from the Draft tab.
Select each one, complete the inspection, and then Submit it for upload.
To view all uploaded inspections and work orders, go to the Import List tab on the Property Inspections screen. From here you may edit and send out each report to your owners.
You can change the status of features, delete rooms or features, add or delete photos and amend notes if needed. When you're ready to send the report to the property owner, click on Report.
What if the inspection does not leave the device and has been 'uploading' for hours?
Try the following steps:
- Changing the connection can help.
To do this:
- Enable one connection and disable the other. (The mobile data setting is found in the settings of the phone).
- Open the app to the 'Uploads' tab. The property may still say uploading.
- Stop/force quit the app from running. (Usually, you double-tap the home button and a list of apps will show, swipe an app up to force quit it.)
- Restart the device.
- Open the app and go back to the uploading property. If the property still says that it is uploading then leave the screen open at that area for some time.
- If you are still unsuccessful. Turn off both your wireless and mobile connection. (So the phone has no connection at all.)
- Open the app and go back to the 'Uploads' tab. If the property still says that it is uploading then leave the screen open at that area for some time. (We want the app to realise that there is no connection to the cloud and Palace and that it will eventually time out.)
- We cannot say how long you will have to wait for the uploading to go to cancelled or any other message that may appear.
- Once the property stops uploading, stop/force quit the app from running and turn on ONE of the connections, like wireless.
- Go back into the app to the 'Uploads' tab and try uploading now. This should push the property to upload.
- Leave the app open on the screen until the property has uploaded. (Tip: The app that is open on the screen, in front of other apps, will receive the most power and speed from the device).
- Once the property has uploaded you can enable mobile data and continue as normal.
The time out period can be a few minutes+. The inspection could be stuck and we need the app to realise that there is no connection to stop trying to upload so we can retry manually.
Do not switch off the device for a set time as that would 'pause' everything and not have the desired effect for what we are going for. Turning on the device would then continue from where it left off and that would not help.