If you don't want to use Rent Reviews, you can enter a rent increase/decrease directly against a tenant.
- Find the required tenant and click Edit
- On the right-hand side towards the bottom, you will see a Rent changes area
- The first entry is normally their starting rent rate which will match their start date
- Click on Add Rent Change
- Enter the date it will take effect, try to match it to the same day of the week as the start date
- Enter in the new rent amount
Then click Save
The change will not take effect until the paid-to date reaches the rent change date. Once it does, the new rent rate will apply.
NOTE: Do not delete any of the other existing rent changes in the list as they provide a history of what has been applied and are used during the Rent Report process.