You can do a Rent Increase through the Rent Review area or you can do a direct rent increase
- Go to the current tenant list
- Find the required tenant and click on tenant name (Or click on edit)
- On the right-hand side towards the bottom, you will see a Rent changes area
- The first entry is normally their starting rent rate which will match their start date
DO NOT DELETE ANY RENT CHANGES
- Click on Add Rent Change
- Palace will auto fill with a date 64 days in advance (Check that it falls on the correct day of the week that matches the start date)
- Enter in the new rent amount
Then click Save
The change will not take effect until the paid-to date reaches the rent change date. Once it does, the new rent rate will apply.
NOTE: Do not delete any of the other existing rent changes in the list as they provide a history of what has been applied and are used during the Rent Report process.