Processing Property Charges is the task of moving money from a Property to the relevant ledger. Once you have completed an inspection, you need to process it in Palace so that the following can take place:
- Charge the Owner - This will take the money and GST from the property and move it into the Inspection Ledgers.
- Roll the inspection over by the frequency you have chosen i.e 13 weeks to the next due date.
It is mostly used for Inspections and for monthly admin charges.
Processing the Inspection (Chargeable)
You will see two separate items, Property (Chargeable) and Property (Insufficient Funds). Chargeable means the owner has enough money and you can process them.
- Go to the Dashboard.
- Click on the Property Charges tab.
- Select the entries that you want to process.
- Click on Process.
- A pop-up box will appear, Transaction Date, check it is the date you want
- Click Process.
- A green pop-up box will let you know if has been processed successfully.
Note: If you have done an inspection in advance of its due date, go into Property > Property Inspections and adjust the next date to the date you completed it. Return to the Dashboard reminders to see that inspection in the list.
If there are any entries that are under insufficient funds, this means that the Owner does not have money available to cover this charge. You can either manually select them, which will mean the Owner will be put into negative (this will not affect the Trust Account unless you pay out the Ledger) or you can leave them unticked and they will go back into the reminder screen until you can process them.
The Process button, will take the charge, remove the money from the owner, moves it to the relevant Ledger and roll over the charge till the next time.
The Forward Button will not process the charge, it will simply move the charge forward to the next repetitive date. It will not show on the Owner statement.
If the list is empty or not complete, on the top right-hand side click on the 2nd last box and select "All". Do the same for the last box as well. Below is a short clip as an example.
The funds will be taken off the property and moved to the Inspection Ledger. If you charge $0.00 for your inspections, this charge will appear on the owner statement, notifying them that you have completed an inspection and $0.00 has been charged.
The inspection will be rolled over to the new inspection date. Each property diary and the property inspection area will be updated.
Processing the Inspection (Insufficient funds)
If you have completed an inspection and you are ready to process the charge, however, the property has insufficient funds at the time, you have two options on how to handle this.
- You leave the charge and wait until the property has enough funds to process the inspection charge - Ideal for properties that you know have a continuous flow of rent coming in on a week-to-week basis. If this is the case, simply follow the above instructions, once the property shows in the green chargeable area.
- You 'create the next inspection' charge - This option, allows you to roll the next inspection date without actually processing the original charge. (This is on the drop-down by the Edit button)
Using the 'Create Next' option, Palace will create a new inspection charge with a new date (based on the inspection frequency) which means you won't miss the next inspection date.
In the system, you will be left with two inspection charges, the original and the newly created one. Using this option will remove the repetitive period setup against the original charge as well as update the diary group that it belongs to - This process avoids any potential double-ups for inspection charges.
NOTE: Create Next, is only available for inspection charges and those that are sitting under the insufficient fund segment.
If you require additional assistance submit a request to the support team. Click here.