In order for month end to go smoothly and to make sure the information is correct, we suggest that you preview a few reports first.
Owner Reports - Owner Generated Summary Report - This report will allow you to check bank account numbers, it will also show you a list of everyone who is due to be paid. You can select by frequency.
Owner Reports - Owner Held Report: This report will give you a list of all owners that have been put on hold during the month. If you need to take them off Hold, go to the Owner edit screen and change it there.
Owner Reports - Owner Keep Back Report: This report will give you a list of any property that has a keep back amount on it. This report is especially important to check because of over paid rent. If the tenant has paid after the vacate date, Palace will automatically put this amount on keepback (This does depend on your settings in the set up area)
Tenant Reports - Tenant refunds due Report: This will show you any tenant that is due to be paid some money back. Pays to do the tenant refund prior to month end or put the owner on hold, so that you do not accidentally pay the money to the owner.
Creditor Reports - Unpaid Invoices Report: If you pay Creditors at month end, it is worth checking this report, to see which invoices will be paid and which ones won't.
Owner Statements: If you would like to check your statements prior to Month End being run. –
- Go to Owner Reports – Statement Review
- Select the Agent you want or leave on all
- Click Generate, it will generate the current statements in PDF format for review on the screen or you can print out
- Make sure you have entered in all rent receipts up to the last day of the month.
- Make sure you have reconciled successfully
- Check the Trust Account Reconciliation Report: (Found under Reports in Reconciliation area) Make sure you do not have a RED warning at the bottom of the report - If you do STOP, do not continue with month end and contact support ASAP.
- Make sure you have entered in all invoices for creditors
- Make sure you have run any repetitive charges i.e Inspection charges, Admin charges, Statement charges. Watch the dates here: DO NOT process any charges that are dated in the new month.
- Sort the Owners list by the amount column - Check for overdrawn owners - Put the Owner on hold.
- Check the ledgers for overdrawn ledgers - sort that out before month end (transfer funds between ledger accounts to clear off overdrawn amounts).