This creates an invoice against the tenant. One of the most common uses is for Water Rates, but can be used for any function where the tenant owes you money. You can create the charge and send an invoice to the tenant, the tenant then pays the invoices and the money is reimbursed to the Owner.
Sometimes the money has been collected in advance from a tenant and receipted into a Ledger, this can then be assigned to the Tenant Invoice.
Creating A Tenant Invoice. (Create Tenant Debit)
- Go to Transactions, click on the drop down arrow on the left hand side
- Select - Charge Tenant Debit - Click on the >
- Find the required tenant
- Select the expense i.e Cleaning
- Enter in the amount
- Select whether you want this invoice to be email or printed or untick both if it is just for your records only
- Track Charge: If this is ticked it will allow you to receipt the tenant money against this invoice specifically (Should already be ticked otherwise you do not know which invoice to receipt money against)
- Write comments if needed i.e "To be reimbursed from Bond"
- NOTE: Default text will show if you have set it up
- If you want to attach an invoice to this Tenant Debit. Then click on the paper clip at the bottom of the screen, then pick up the invoice that you have saved on to your desktop. Once attached this invoice will automatically go into the Property Diary and will get sent to the Owner as part of month end. (You must have include Invoices ticked in the month end process)
- You can assign any money that has been receipted into Receipt Tenant Other Ledger i.e Water Rates money collected on a weekly basis to pay off an invoice. Just tick the amount in the ledger and it will pay of the invoice or pay some money towards it.
- Then click Process
- Then in the transaction screen click Process
This has now created an "Invoice" against the tenant, waiting for money to be receipted against.