Sometime a large invoice cannot be paid all at once due to the amount and the owner not having enough funds to cover. An agreement can be made to have the invoice paid in a couple of payments.
The Invoice is just set up once in the Creditor Diary
- You decide on how many payments
- You decide on how to break up the amounts
- You decide when it should be paid
Instructions - Setting up an Invoice to be paid in instalments:
- Go to the Creditor, right click and click on Diary
- Click on Invoice (Left hand side menu)
- In the Description box - Type what the invoice is
- Select the property from the property drop down list.
- Set the priority - or leave as Medium
- Enter in the date that you want the first invoice to appear on
- Set the repetitive period i.e 1 Month
- Enter in the Invoice Number
- Invoice Amount: In here you put the amount of the first payment
- Example: New Fence $1200. The Owner has agreed to pay $500 for two months and then a final payment of $200. You would enter into this field $500
- Check the maintenance fee
- Tick Limited Payments
- Enter in the total number of payments i.e 3 (as per this example)
- Enter in the amount of the final payment i.e $200 (Palace will work out that the middle payment is $500)
- If any of this is charged to the tenant, you can set up the charge here
- If you have already scanned the invoice, you can attach it here but clicking on the Paper Clip, it will attach to the diary.
- Click Save
NOTE: This has now been set up in the Diary. It will show in your Home Screen under Invoices on the date that you set it up for.
Instructions - Processing the part payment invoice:
- The reminder will show in your Home Screen under the Invoices Tab, Under Chargeable Invoices.
- Find the invoice and select it.
- If you want to edit it or check it first, then double click on it. You can now edit the invoice amount and enter in the invoice number. then save
- Then click on the Blue arrow up the top of the screen.
- A pop up box saying "This option will process all your selected Invoices, are you sure?" Click Yes
- This will take you to the transaction screen
- Click on Process
- Click Close
- The money has now been moved from the Property to the Creditor and the reminder has been rolled over to the next frequency when it will show back in the Invoices Tab.