This is a two step process, first you edit the job and enter in the amounts etc, THEN you process the work order. This will then take the money from the property and transfer it to the creditor (This does not pay the creditor out).
You can access work orders one of two ways:
Property - right click and choose work orders - then you select the creditor you want
Creditor - right click and choose work orders - then you select the property you want.
Note: This is just one way to invoicing a creditor, if you do not have a works order for the creditor, you do an invoice creditor - see below
- Find the property or creditor that you require and right click and choose work order
- Highlight the relevant job and click on edit.
- If you are only completing the job for someone else to invoice - then change the action status to "Completed"
Note: You can save and close out, if you are not doing the invoicing
- If you are continuing on to invoice the job, then you can leave this area as it is.
- Enter in the invoice total (Click on the >> if the cost is the same as the estimated cost)
- Enter in the Invoice ref number
- Choose a Priority:
- High - Means this invoice will get paid above any of the other invoices for this owner
- Medium - If there is enough money these invoices will be paid
- Low - These will be the last paid invoices
- Invoice Date: This is the actual date of the invoice - If this date is a previous month be aware that this invoice will now show in transaction reports under the month of the invoice rather than this invoice. You do NOT have to put anything in this field and the invoice will be dated today.
- Due Date: If the invoice is due on a specific date because you will get a discount, or you will get a penalty if paid late, then put the date in here and Palace will create a reminder to show in your Reminder screen two days before it is due.
- Creditor - Invoice Description: This is the wording that will show on the Owners statement.
- Tenancy - Charge Details: If there is a charge to the tenant, then fill in the required amount - This will create a Tenancy Invoice.
You can attach a copy of the scanned invoice here as well by clicking on the paper clip and browsing to where you have scanned the invoice. This will attach to the property (to be sent to the Owner at month end) and be sent out to the tenant with a copy of their invoice.
if Track Charges is ticked - it means that this invoice will be tracked so you can report on payments and it will show in an overdue report.
If you are charging a tenant, you can put your comments in the Tenant Invoice Description area and this will show on the Tenant Invoice.
Click on save.
Note: You may get a pop up box telling you that the owner does not have enough funds:
If have Strict Audit turned on, it will put the property on keep back for you and put the invoice under the Pending Invoices in the Home screen.
Note: No money will be taken off the property until there is actual money to take.
If you are not running Strict Audit then you can say OK because even though the Property will show as overdrawn, Palace will not pay out the Creditor therefore you cannot overdraw your Trust Account. (This only works if Generate Creditor Payments are used)
Instructions - Processing the Invoices Through Work Orders:
Check that you have entered in all the invoices for this creditor
- Tick the invoices that you want to process
- Click on the blue arrow
- This will take you to the Transaction screen,
- Click on Process. This action is actually taking the money from the Property and moving it across to the Creditor but is not paying the creditor at this stage.
- Click Close, this will take you back to the Work Order screen - A pop up screen will be asking you if you want to update these invoices to work invoiced, Click yes
- These invoices will now move to the Closed area of the works order screen.
- Close out