You can set up as many templates as you wish. The process for setting up Mail and SMS templates are the same, just under different headings. When you set up a template, it is assigned to a "type", which means it is linked to a Contact, Owner, Property, Creditor or Tenant. When you pick one of these types, the document will be accessible from the Diary of the particular type for single correspondence as well as available in the main template list for bulk mail-merges.
Contacts: This will only show merge fields relevant to your contacts and is only available in bulk mail merge. (Contacts do not have a diary)
Creditor: This will only show merge fields relevant to your creditor and will be available in the creditor diary
Owner: This will allow you to access all merge fields from all types but the correspondence will only be available in the Owner Diary
Property: This will allow you to access all merge fields from all types but the correspondence will only be available in the Property Diary
Tenant: This will allow you to access all merge fields from all types but the correspondence will only be available in the Tenant Diary
SMS: The same information applies to all the SMS types
You can cut and paste a document from Word and add the merge fields as you go.
- When addressing a Tenant letter, use the merge fields from under the Tenancy section ("Tenant Group" fields). This will ensure that you pick up the details of the whole tenancy group for that property and not just the head tenant.
- To delete a merge field, put your cursor at the end of the field (move to the right until it is no longer grey) and then click on backspace
- To edit a letter already in the system, highlight that letter and click "edit document". Then just change the contents.
- Make sure you have set up the margins and entered down on the page to where you want to start before putting in the "Current Date" merge field
- To move the first merge field down to insert something above it, move the cursor to the left of the field until it is no longer grey, then press Enter.
- Adding a Template
- Adding a letterhead
- Doing a Mailmerge (Letter and Email)
- SMS Merge
- Inserting Images into Templates
- Checklists - How they work and How to Set them up
- Custom Merge - Exporting Merge Fields to Create Your Own Reports