The Summary of Rent report was designed to calculate rent amounts owing up to a specific day. This defaults to today unless you change it when running the report, or to the end date if one has been entered.
The tenant screen usually shows the amount owing up to a full period (week). If you have your Palace "Rent Overdue days" set to 6 (recommended), then the screen will show the amount owing to the end of the next full week. If it is set to 0, then the screen will show the amount owing up to the last full week.
The Tenancy Details report shows up to three amounts owing
- - Up to the date selected when running the report (default is today)
- - Up to the NEXT full period.
- - Up to the end date - if one has been entered.
If your Palace setting for Rent Overdue days is 0, then
- The screen shows owing to the LAST full period
- The Tenancy Details report shows owing to today (default) and owing to the NEXT full period
- The Summary of Rent report shows Owing to today or the date selected - by day.
The Tenant screen and the Tenancy details report rely on the Paid to dates being correct. The Summary of Rent report does not.
All amounts owing rely on the rent change records having been recorded correctly in Palace.
As long as your Palace system shows transactions since the start date, then the Modify Rent Re-post function can recalculate the amounts owing based on subsequently entered rent change records. However we recommend that you always print a Tenancy Details Report out BEFORE using the Modify Rent Repost function.
If an end date has been entered, ALWAYS check the amounts owing to the end date in both reports to ensure they are the same.