Sometimes you have an invoice that was not tracked or money that was receipted in against a tenancy but not attached to an invoice, so you need to match them together.
You can do this against the tenant.
- In the Tenant List, find the tenant you want and click on the drop-down arrow next to Edit to open the options list
- Go to "Assign Invoices"
- Select the Invoice to be ‘paid’ from the drop-down box on the left-hand side (usually the oldest one is paid off first)
- If Invoice does not show, drop-down the arrow by Selected Invoice and select the invoice
- On the right-hand side, you will see the Invoice Receipts list, select the ones you want to pay off the invoice with (usually the oldest receipts are allocated first).
- If using funds from a Bond Ledger click on the second Tab to go to the Restricted Ledger Balances area to allocate funds from here
- It does not matter if there is too much money or not enough, Palace will work it out for you. At the bottom of the left-hand side is a summary of what will happen i.e. if the invoice will be paid in full or only partially paid or if there is more money allocated than is needed, it will show the extra amount that will remain in the ledger/as an unallocated receipt
- Click on Commit Assignment – this will allocate the money to the chosen invoice
- When the Invoice is fully paid it will disappear from the screen. If only partially paid the amount still owed will show as the balance of that invoice until it is fully paid
NOTE: You have the choice whether or not to see Non-tracked Invoices and Old unassigned Receipts (hidden). You can turn it off if you do not want to see them or you can tidy them up.
Article is closed for comments.